CE-A career as a civil engineer offers several lucrative job avenues in both public and private sector. Some popular options include consulting firms, railways, defence force, and municipal corporations. Civil engineering includes different specializations such as construction, geo-technical, environmental, coastal and transportation engineering. A career after civil engineering is highly rewarding. There are jobs that involve supervision, construction, design and analyzes of private as well as public projects, such as dams, highways, canals, water sewages and bridges. The profession demands excellent skills for both administration and supervision of projects. . The government is planning to develop a total of 66,117 km of roads under different programmes by 2025.
Intake: 180 Nos.
Eligibility: Minimum 45% marks in Math + Physical science with minimum 35% marks (aggregate) in 10th Exam.
Valid rank in JEXPO conducting by WBSCTE with minimum 35% marks (aggregate) in 10th Exam.
- State the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) (5)
Civil Engineering Department of Kingston Polytechnic College
trains the student for the cause of Technical education ,which means the enrichment of analytical and application skills of engineering principles along with overall personality development.
As a part of upliftment process the faculties of Civil Engineering Department have established the specific Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s) to be achieved are as follows:
- Exert mathematics, science and engineering knowledge to various civil engineering problems to elucidate the particular knowledge and thus will be able to coordinate experiments in miscellaneous areas of civil engineering practices.
- Students will be aware of emerging technologies, equip themselves with current techniques and tools within limits to be acquired with knowledge in the society, fortifying the public’s health safety legal and cultural welfares with responsibility.
- Interpret the principles of professional ethics, duties as professionals engineers and will
Relish the role of a significance of tem work through written verbal and graphical methods of communications
- Ascertain that diploma is only a beginning of their professional education and persuaded to be active members in professional societies for lifelong
State the Vision and Mission of the Department & Institution (5)
Vision Statement: The vision is not merely to dazzle but also to broaden the realms of technical and entrepreneurial success to achieve high standard of excellence in generating and propagating knowledge in the Civil Engineering disciplines to build an environment to create innovative technologies for the economic development of the nation.
Our mission is
To advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology and various field of Civil Engineering that will meet the needs of the industry.
- Committed to generating, disseminating, preserving knowledge and to work as a team to bear future challenges.
Impart industry level knowledge through training and immersion course and appropriate electives.
Foster creativity and critical thinking skills through design and project experiments.
Prepare students for successful careers with the help of modern technologies and equipments which will help in reinforce the public health safety and cultural welfare.
Develop the scholarly careers of faculty members through mentoring opportunities and embracing leadership opportunities.
SLOGAN: “If you can dream, we can construct it“ !!!!
- Departmental facilities
: We prepare the students for various Government and private technical exams, soft skill development, personal grooming and group discussion ,also undertake various industrial training and industrial visit at PWD, KMC, CPWD, PHE, Irrigation Dept, Batching plant, Hot mix plant etc. Departmental faculties arrange vital seminar which is delivered by Chief Executive Engineer and guest lecturer of different government Engineering. College.
Concrete lab ( Civil Engineering Lab-I)
Highway Engineering lab( Civil Engineering Lab- II
LOS ANGELES ABRASION TESTING MACHINE FOR DETERMINATION OF ABRASION VALUE OF ROAD AGGREGATES (CE LAB II)
PENSKY MARTENS APPARATUS FOR FLASH AND FIRE POINT TEST
Auto- Cad Lab
CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAWING LAB
FLUID & SOLID MECHANICS LAB( CIVIL ENGINEERING LAB- III)
UNIVERSAL TESTING MACHINE
TO DETERMINE THE COMPRESSIVE STREGTH OF CONCRETE, BRICKS & TENSILE STRENGTH OF STEEL BAR
(CE LAB III)
Geotechnical Engineering Lab
DIRECT SHEAR TEST APPARATUS TO DETERMINE THE SHEAR STRENGTH OF SOIL SPECIMEN (GEOTECHNICAL ENGG LAB)
CONSOLIDATION TESTING APPARATUS
Environmental Engineering Lab( Civil Engineering Lab- IV)
Survey Engineering Lab
- Departmental facilities: We prepare the students for various Government and private technical exams, soft skill development, personal grooming and group discussion ,also undertake various industrial training and industrial visit at PWD, KMC, CPWD, PHE, Irrigation Dept, Batching plant, Hot mix plant etc. Departmental faculties arrange vital seminar which is delivered by Chief Executive Engineer and guest lecturer of different government Engineering. College.
|Photo||Name of the faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Prof. Dr. Bishnu Pada Chattopadhaya.||Mentor||Phd, M.E,B.E
Retd.Prof Civil Engg. Dept Jadavpur University.
|Mr. Mainak Biswas||TEACHER IN CHARGE||B.Tech|
|Mr. Arnab Saha||Lecturer||B.Tech|
|Mr. Siddhartha Halder||Lecturer||B.Tech|
|Mr. Sukriti Dan||Lecturer||B.Tech|
|Mr. Koushik Debnath||Lecturer||B.TechM.E (pursuing)|
|Mr. Debarshi Nath||Lecturer||B.Tech|
|Ms. Prithagni Paul||Lecturer||B.Tech
|Ms. Sreeparna Bhowmick||Lecturer||B.Tech|
|Ms. Susmita Kanjilal||Lecturer||B.Tech|
|Photo||Name of the faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Ms Shubhasree Poddar||Technical Assistant||DCE
B.Tech ( Pursuing)
|Mr. Ahasanul Hoque Khan||Technical Assistant||DCE|
|Mr. Subrata Roy||Technical Assistant||DCE|
|Ms. Munmun Sarkar.||Technical Assistant||DCE|