Electrical Engineering (EE) Various engineering colleges and polytechnics across the country are doing their best to meet the burgeoning demand of skilled electrical engineering professionals. The job market for EE is perennial. Even the vagaries of the global economic crisis could not knock out the demand of these professionals in the Indian job market. Highly qualified professionals from these fields can choose their profession as as-Chief Engineer, Workshop Manager, Operations Manager,Engineering Technologist, Development and Test Engineers Electrical, Product Design Engineer, Project Manager, Consultants or Project Head, , the Government of India aims to double its supplier base in India by 2020 which would create huge employment opportunities for electrical engineers in next five years.
Intake: 180 Nos.
: Minimum 45% marks in Math + Physical science with minimum 35% marks (aggregate) in 10th Exam.
Valid rank in JEXPO conducting by WBSCTE with minimum 35% marks (aggregate) in 10th Exam.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are as follows:
- To produce Electrical Diploma Engineers who would have developed a strong background in basic science, mathematics, problem solving and analytical abilities creative thinking in their chosen field of specialization.
- To produce Electrical Diploma Engineers have acquired adequate technical skills and have the ability to demonstrate technical competence.
- To produce Electrical Diploma Engineers who can communicate and function effectively in multidisciplinary environment individually and in a team.
- Creation of entrepreneurial talents or ability to develop self ventures and practice profession through ethical values and social responsibilities.
Departmental facilities & Laboratories:
The Department of Electrical Engineering has a complete range of laboratories with up-to-date equipments. Laboratories provide an environment for students to reinforce their understanding of the fundamental principles of Electrical Engineering and apply that knowledge through hands-on learning using current technology.
The most focused laboratories are as follows:
|Sr. No.||Laboratory Type|
|2||Circuit Theory Lab|
|3||EE Machine Lab (AC and DC)|
|4||EE Measurement Lab|
|5||Workshop 1/ Workshop 2|
|7||Transmission Distribution Lab|
|8||Measurement and Control Lab|
|9||Power Electronics Lab|
|10||Switchgear Protection Lab|
|11||Utilization Traction Lab|
|12||Elective 1/ Elective 2|
They are also equipped with various software tools like MATLAB, PSPICE etc. Students can make use of the lab at any time during the working hours. Apart from the stipulated lab hours, students can have a free access to develop and enhance their practical hours.
- The Department of Electrical Engineering has highly qualified, hard working, well experienced, student friendly faculty.
- They are always willing to help students to grow academically.
- Help and guide weaker students through remedial classes and mentoring sessions.
|Sr. No.||Faculty Name||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Mr. Pradip Basu||B.E. Electrical Engineering||HOD|
|2||Mr. Saurav Kundu||B. Tech Electrical Engineering
M. Tech Illumunation Engineering
|3||Ms. Rupa Ganguly||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|4||Mrs. Debjani Bhattacharya||B.E. Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|5||Mr. Souvik Mukherjee||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|6||Ms. Priyanka Ghosh||B. Tech Electrical Engineering
|7||Ms. Asmita Das||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|8||Ms. Papri Dhar Roy||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|9||Mr. Diptesh Ghosh||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|10||Mr. Harshit Basak||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|11||Mr. Subho Mondal||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|12||Mr. Titas Bhowmik||B. Tech Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
- The Department of Electrical Engineering has well experienced technical assistants.
- They are competent in conducting laboratory classes.
|Sr. No.||Technical Assistant Name||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Basudev Saha||ITI, B.Com.||Technical Assistant|
|2||Subhasis Maity||Diploma Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|3||Rominul Haque||Diploma Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|
|4||Srutisundar Bhowmik||Diploma Electrical Engineering||—-DO—|